Monday, February 10, 2014

Liebster Award

Recently, I was honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by the amazing Serena over at SerenBird. The award is for bloggers of less than 200 followers, and I think it's a great way for us newer blogs to get noticed. For those of you who don't know (it's okay, I didn't know until a couple of days ago either), this is how the Liebster Award works:

1. You have to link back to the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they asked you within their Liebster Award post.
2. You must pick 11 nominees for the Liebster Award and tell them that they've been nominated. (You cannot pick the person who nominated you.)
3. You must ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice.

And now the answers to the question Serena asked:

1) If you could have dinner with one celebrity who would that be?
This is a hard question. If we're including dead people, Audrey Hepburn. She's always been such an inspiration to me, and her class, beauty, and style are through the roof. Even being in the same room as her would be an honor. Alive, Miranda Kerr. I feel like she's almost a modern day Audrey Hepburn. She's has such an iconic style, and she seems so down to earth. Never mind the fact she's drop dead gorgeous.

2) If you could only keep one thing from you closet what would it be?

Everything? God I'm terrible at this. I would say my black chambray jumper pants from American Apparel. They're so stylish and versatile, and I can wear them in pretty much every weather situation you could think of. Plus since they're so loose I can wear them to the dance studio and they're great warm-ups. They're kind of out there and quirky, which is probably why I love them so much.

3) The thing you like the most about yourself

Another hard question. I'd probably have to say my style. I have so much fun getting dressed, and I always make sure I love the final product. In the end, we should be dressing for ourselves, right?

4) The craziest thing you ever done

I'm pretty squareish, so I've never really done anything super "crazy" in most people's minds. However, I have done some crazy awesome/crazy surreal things, and probably what would top that list would be dancing for and meeting Nicholas Cage, James and Oliver Phelps, Jerry Brown, and Francis Ford Coppola in the Getty Mansion. That was a crazy night.

5) The Most important thing for you

To love what I do and what I wear, and make sure I'm always dressing for myself and no one else.

6) What are your expectations regarding your blog?

I don't have very high expectations seeing as I'm still a bit of a stranger to this whole blogging thing (after almost a whole year--yikes) and I'm a little younger than most bloggers, but I hope that it continues to improve and inspire people like I am so inspired by my fellow bloggers.

7) If you could change one thing?

Blog-wise, I would change the name. No one gets "wasian" and it's not really related to fashion. However, it's totally me so I'm not really complaining.

8) What is the thing you can't live without?

There are lots of things I can't live without (fashion, dance, sewage, lipstick, alternative pants, sunscreen, tape, food, irrigation, etc.), but I think the one thing I can't live without is the internet. I do EVERYTHING online. I blog, watch runways (because ain't nobody got time or money to go to the actual shows), watch makeup tutorials, read other blogs, do homework, go shopping, watch dance videos, and so much more. I hate to be that person who's totally dependent on my technology and is always glued to screens (I'm not, by the way) but I feel like it's so prevalent in society today the internet is becoming increasingly hard to avoid. And I'm not complaining. I would be missing out on this entire amazing blog-o-sphere and fashion world, never mind an abundance of homework assignments and dance shows that I never got to see. On top of all of this, the internet is fun.

9) What is the first thing you do in the morning?

I look up the weather so I can plan my outfit. I am not one of those people who will wear a crop top and mini skirt on a 30 degree day. That is the definition of a crazy person.

10) What is your biggest dream ?

To be a professional dancer in a big company like San Francisco Ballet, American Ballet Theatre, Dance Theatre of Harlem, National Ballet of Canada, etc., while maintaining a fabulous Man Repeller type fashion blog and sipping tea with my amazing dancing and fashion friends, which will include Anna Wintour, Maria Kotchetkova, Marc Jacobs, Misty Copeland, Aimee Song, and the Man Repeller herself. In between all of this fierceness, I would've also picked up a degree in astrophysics from CalTech and do some research at Lawrence Berkley Labs (or wherever I live) and have a part-time sales job at Bergdorf Goodman's. My ideal self has a very busy life and lots of frequent flyer miles.

11) If you could be anyone who will you be?

Jesus these questions are hard! I would probably be the one and only Leandra Medine, who is the perfect combination of style and humor, or Dores Andre (check out her feature on Refinery 29), a soloist at the San Francisco Ballet who also happens to have an amazing style. I pretty much want to steal everything in both of their closets, and they embody two very important parts of my life--fashion and dance.

My Questions for My Nominees (and anyone else who feels like answering them):


1) How would you describe your style?
2) What's your favorite part of blogging?
3) Who are your favorite designers and brands?
4) Who is your blogging idol?
5) What is your favorite magazine?
6) What is your favorite food?
7) If you were not a blogger (or whatever you currently are) what would you be?
8) What are your hopes and dreams?
9) What are your blogging aspirations?
10) What inspired you to start your blog?
11) If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?


And now the moment we've all been waiting for...the nominees!

Maria Sanchez | Promise it's the last...
Courtney & Saffron | Two Looks, One London

There are SO many other amazing under-200 bloggers out there, and even if I didn't nominate you I'd love to see your answers to these questions! If you send me the answers to these questions or the ones in my regular Friday Feature, I'll feature you and your blog this or next Friday!

Thanks so much!

Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment